On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Game and Mushrooms
- 20:30 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Charcuterie
- 21:00 - The Great Comic Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Comic Relief Bake Off
- Prep time:
- 30 min
Luke Nguyen puts a twist on a traditional French recipe with Vietnamese flavours
Method1. For the fish sauce dressing: Place all ingredients in a bowl with 125ml water and whisk together until the sugar is dissolved.
2. For the steak tartar: In a bowl, add the chopped beef with the lemon juice and mix well. The lemon juice will slightly citrus cure the beef. Add the fresh herbs, fried garlic, toasted rice powder, garlic oil and 4 tablespoons of the dressing. Use hands to combine everything so ingredients are well incorporated.
3. Divide mixture among 4 plates. In a separate bowl, mix the bean sprouts and perilla leaves. Add the mixture to each plate, then top with a raw quail egg. Serve with remaining fish sauce dressing.
For more recipes like this, take a look at our French recipes.
For the fish sauce dressing:
For the steak tartare:
- 400 g good quality sirloin steaks, sinew removed, cut into small 4mm pieces
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 sawtooth coriander leaves, finely sliced
- 1 large handful Vietnamese mint, finely sliced
- 1 tsp fried garlic
- 1/4 tsp toasted rice powder
- ½ tsp garlic oil
- 1 large handful bean sprouts
- 1 large handful perilla leaf, or normal mint leaves
- 8 quail's eggs, leave yolks in half quail shells