On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh & Easy Food - Everyday Easy
- 20:30 - Gok Cooks Chinese - Feast Food
- 21:00 - River Cottage to the Core - Roast Pork, Black Pudding and Gooseberries
- Prep time:
- 15 min, plus 1 hour standing time
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Richard Bertinet’s chorizo and cheese muffins are easy to make and great served with eggs for breakfast or brunch
Method1. Mix the flour, polenta or semolina, honey, sea salt, yeast, 275ml water and milk until it comes together to form a dough. Add the cheese and chorizo and mix into the dough then leave to rest for an hour.
2. Lightly dust your work surface with semolina and turn the dough out onto it. Turn the dough over and dust with semolina. Roll out gently to a thickness of about 2cm. Use a 10-12cm circle cutter to cut out the muffins.
3. Place a griddle or flat frying pan onto your hob and set over a low-medium heat. Grease with a little olive oil before placing 2-3 muffins to cook at a time. Brown for 4 - 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat the greasing and baking with the remaining muffins.
4. To serve, slice in half, toast lightly or serve while still warm and spread generously with butter.
Recipe from Lurpak.
Want to see more? Take a look at our breakfast and brunch recipes.