On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - You Gotta Eat Here - Chicago Edition: Lou Malnati's Pizzeria, Beef, Manny's Delicatessan
- 20:30 - You Gotta Eat Here - Rock Lobster, Harper's Burger Bar, Casa Calzone
- 21:00 - You Gotta Eat Here - Stoneface Dolly's, Hadley's, Rick's Fish and Chips and Seafood House
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 45 min
Nut roast is a simple vegetarian recipe made with onion. almonds, cashew nuts, breadcrumbs and rosemary
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and brush a 700ml loaf tin with oil and line with baking paper.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and fry over a medium heat, stirring, for 3–4 minutes until soft. Stir in the almonds, cashew nuts, breadcrumbs, stock, lemon zest, lemon juice and rosemary. Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir well to mix.
3. Press the mixture into the prepared tin, brush with oil and bake in the preheated oven for 30–35 minutes, until golden brown and firm. Turn out and serve hot, garnished with rosemary sprigs, lemon slices and extra black pepper.
Want to see more? Take a look at our vegetarian Christmas recipes.