On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - The Great Sport Relief Bake Off - Great British Bake Off Special: The Great Sport Relief Bake Off
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - Oxfordshire
- 22:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Food Tour of Britain - East Sussex
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 45 min
Nut roast is a simple vegetarian recipe made with onion. almonds, cashew nuts, breadcrumbs and rosemary
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and brush a 700ml loaf tin with oil and line with baking paper.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and fry over a medium heat, stirring, for 3–4 minutes until soft. Stir in the almonds, cashew nuts, breadcrumbs, stock, lemon zest, lemon juice and rosemary. Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir well to mix.
3. Press the mixture into the prepared tin, brush with oil and bake in the preheated oven for 30–35 minutes, until golden brown and firm. Turn out and serve hot, garnished with rosemary sprigs, lemon slices and extra black pepper.
Want to see more? Take a look at our vegetarian Christmas recipes.