On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Summer Food Rave Up - Jamie's Summer Food Rave Up
- 20:30 - Jamie's Summer Food Rave Up - Jamie's Summer Food Rave Up
- 21:00 - Food and Drink - Jun Tanaka - Street Food
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 40 min
Pasta with butternut squash is perfect for those slightly cooler days, with the comfort of added cream and the warmth of red chillies
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the squash in a little oil, season it well with salt and pepper, and roast for about 30 minutes, or until soft. Remove it from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta until al dente, drain it and return to the pan. In a frying pan, gently fry the garlic, chilli, and sage in a little oil for 2–3 minutes. Once the butternut squash has cooled slightly, put it into a blender or food processor. Add the cream, parmesan, garlic, chilli, sage leaves, plenty of pepper, and a little salt. Blend it all to a coarse purée, adding 1–2 tablespoons water if it looks too thick.
3. Put the butternut mixture into the pasta pan and mix well, allowing the sauce to coat the pasta. Serve with plenty of parmesan.
Want to see more? Take a look at lots more of our pasta recipes.