On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meat with the Most
- 20:30 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Delicious and Historical
- 21:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meat is Still Awesome
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 50 min
Rachel Allen’s pear frangipane is a mix of ripe pears with a sweet almond pastry cream
Method1. For the frangipane: Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Place the butter in a large bowl and beat until very soft. Add the sugar and continue to mix until soft and light, then beat in the eggs one by one. Finally, stir in the ground almonds. Alternatively, place the butter, sugar and eggs in a food processor and whiz to combine, then add ground almonds and whiz briefly until fully mixed in.
2. Place the pears in a 20x30cm ovenproof gratin dish, then spread the frangipane over the top and bake in the oven, not too close to the top or it may brown too quickly, for 40–50 minutes or until the frangipane is just set in the centre. The pears by this stage should be tender.
3. Serve warm with a dusting of icing sugar and a little softly whipped cream.
Feeling in the mood for more sweet comforting puds? You’ll love our winter desserts.