On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Jamie's Affordable Christmas - Jamie's Affordable Christmas
- 21:00 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - Life in the Old Bird?
- 21:30 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - The Big Freeze
- Prep time:
- 30 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
These mango and raspberry muffins with crunchy crumble on top work out just as nicely for breakfast as they do served with custard for pudding
Method1. Pre-heat the oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3 and line a 12 hole muffin tray with paper cases.
2. For the crumble: Add all ingredients to a bowl or food mixer and rub in the fat until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs, place to one side
2. For the muffins: Place the flour, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl and ideally using a food mixer, mix ingredients together.
4. Add the yogurt, eggs and vanilla extract to the flour mixture and beat until smooth.
5. Add the melted butter and whisk well to incorporate and ensure the batter is smooth and even. Finally fold in the raspberries gently to disperse.
6. Spoon the mixture into the cases, filling them almost to the top before generously sprinkling the muffins with the crumble mixture.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the muffins are golden brown and bounce back when pressed. Leave to cool in the tin slightly before removing onto a cooling rack.
Recipe from Rachel’s Organic.
For the crumble
- 75 g plain flour
- 65 g unsalted butter
- 50 g caster sugar
For the muffins