On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - John Torode's Australia - South Australia Part II
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers' Best of British - Pies
- 22:00 - MasterChef Australia - Masterchef Australia
- Prep time:
- 30 min, plus cooling
- Cook time:
- 25 min
- Makes 11 large cupcakes
Lucy Lovell’s chocolate cupcakes have half an Oreo hidden in the bottom, and more stirred into the cream cheese frosting on top
Method1. For the cupcakes: preheat oven to 180C/160 fan/gas 4. Line a muffin tin with 11 paper muffin cases. Separate the Oreos and place half into the bottom of each case, with any cream filling facing upwards.
2. Cream together the softened butter and caster sugar, along with the vanilla extract, until pale and fluffy.
3. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder. Add the two beaten eggs and mix well, taking care to stop once all of the dry ingredients are incorporated. Add the milk and beat briefly to combine.
4. Divide the mixture evenly between the cupcake cases. Bake for 22-25 minutes.
5. For the frosting: place the six large Oreos into a food processor and whizz into crumbs. Alternatively, place the cookies into a plastic food bag and smash with a rolling pin. Set aside.
6. Rub the softened butter into the icing sugar using the back of a wooden spoon. Do the same with the cream cheese.
7. Once the icing sugar has been incorporated, whisk with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
8. Gently fold the Oreo crumbs into the frosting, being careful not to over mix. If the frosting is a little runny at this stage, place in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
9. To decorate: cover each cupcake with the frosting and finish with a mini Oreo.
Love cupcakes? Take a look at our cupcake recipe collection
For the cupcakes
- 6 Oreo biscuits
- 115 g unsalted butter, softened
- 115 g caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g self-raising flour
- 20 g cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp milk
For the frosting
- 50 g butter, softened
- 80 g cream cheese, cold
- 175 g icing sugar
- 6 Oreo biscuits
- 11 mini Oreo biscuits