On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - River Cottage: Summer's Here - River Cottage Summer, 2
- 21:00 - Hairy Bikers Everyday Gourmets - Restaurant Revelations
- 22:00 - MasterChef: The Final Three - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 40 min
This sausage and bean bake is a simple one pot recipe cooked in cider with a dollop of mustard for extra kick
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
2. Combine the sliced onion, French beans, cannellini beans, thyme, mustard, garlic, most of the bunch of thyme and cider in a small roasting tin.
3. Lay the sausages on top of the vegetables, drizzle each with a little oil and cook for 20 minutes or until the sausages are just beginning to brown. Carefully remove the tray from the oven and turn each of the sausages over to brown the other side. Season the upturned side with salt and pepper.
4. Return to the oven and cook for a further 20-25 minutes, or until the sausages are cooked through. Serve immediately sprinkled with the remaining thyme.
For more ways with sausages, take a look at our top 10 sausage recipes
- 8 good quality sausages
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 125 g French beans, topped but tails left on
- 250 ml sweet cider
- 400 g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- small bunch thyme
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
Tips and suggestions
- Like keeping dinner simple? Try more of our one pot meals