On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Mediterranean Escapes - Corsica and Sardinia
- 21:00 - The Great British Bake Off - Pastry
- 22:00 - MasterChef - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr
Georgina Fuggle’s Spanish chicken recipe is influenced by her travels around Spain, it’s a colourful and flavoursome dish, great served with a baked potato
Method1. Heat the olive oil in a large flameproof casserole until smoking hot. Fry the chicken legs on both sides until they are crisp and golden, then transfer to a waiting plate. Keep the heat on high and add the chorizo chunks to the pot. Fry for a minute on each side and remove from the casserole with a slotted spoon so as to leave their oil behind.
2. Add the onion and leeks and fry in the chorizo oil. Reduce the heat, cover and soften the vegetables for 3–4 minutes, but check that they don’t catch on the bottom of the pot.
3. Add the smoked paprika, saffron, garlic halves, thyme, wine and chicken stock to the pot along with the chicken and chorizo. Season well, cover and simmer over a medium heat for 30 minutes.
4. Stir in the butter beans and cook for a further 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe from Take One Pot by Georgina Fuggle (Kyle Books, £15.99)
Photography by Tara Fisher
Love this? We have lots more one pot recipes for you to try.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 large chicken thighs, with bones and skin
- 200 g chorizo, cut into 1-2cm chunks
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 medium leeks, chopped into 2-3cm pieces
- 1 tsp Spanish smoked paprika, or unsmoked paprika is fine too
- a pinch of saffron strands
- 2 whole heads of garlic, cut in half horizontally and left unpeeled
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 200 ml sweet white wine
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 800 g butter beans, drained and rinsed
Tips and suggestions
- Serve with baked potatoes