On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Great Britain - South Wales
- 21:00 - Gok Cooks Chinese - Street Food
- 21:30 - Gok Cooks Chinese - Feast Food
- Prep time:
- 30 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
- Makes approx 24
Banana and chocolate cupcakes are inspired by Harpreet Baura’s favourite banana and chocolate crepes, which make a moreish treat in cake form
Method1. For the cupcakes: heat the oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3. In a mixer, combine the butter and sugar. Once this is fluffy, add 4 eggs one by one.
2. Add the mashed banana and blend well. Add the flour and once this has all mixed up, spoon into cupcake cases and bake for 18 minutes.
3. Once they are firm but springy to the touch, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
4. For the frosting: in a bowl, combine the butter with the icing sugar and once this has mixed well and become fluffy, add the cocoa powder.
5. Blend for 3 minutes and then either spoon onto the cooled sponges or pipe with a nozzle and piping bag. Finish off with a dried banana chip.
For more inspiration, take a look at our favourite cupcake recipes
This recipe was provided by Crumbs! Couture