On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rachel Khoo's Kitchen Notebook: Cosmopolitan Cook - Costa Brava
- 20:30 - Rachel Khoo's Kitchen Notebook: Cosmopolitan Cook - Provence
- 21:00 - MasterChef: The Final Three - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 10 min, plus two hours chilling
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Chocolate mousse is a quick and simple recipe that you can make ahead of time and leave to chill in the fridge until you are ready to serve
Method1. Place the chocolate and cocoa powder in a large bowl set over a pan of hot water and leave to melt over a low heat - do not boil the water or the chocolate will become grainy. Stir until smooth, then remove the pan from the heat. Keep the chocolate warm over the pan of water while you whisk the egg whites.
2. With an electric beater, whisk the egg whites and sugar for 2–3 minutes until they form soft peaks.
3. Stir the egg yolk into the chocolate and cocoa mixture and immediately whisk in a quarter of the egg whites to lighten the mixture.
4. Fold in the remaining egg whites with a large spatula, ensuring that you do not over mix or the mousse will be heavy. Pour into a glass bowl or individual glasses and leave to set in the fridge for 2 hours or until required.
Raymond Blanc has donated this recipe to support the leading conservation organisation WWF for this year’s Earth Hour.
- 165 g dark chocolate, at least 70% cocoa solids, finely chopped
- 25 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 10 egg whites
- 25 g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk