On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Delicious and Historical
- 20:30 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meat is Still Awesome
- 21:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meat Glorious Meat
Method1. For the orange maple syrup: Place the juice into a pan and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes until reduced by half and then add the maple syrup. Mix well and set to one side.
2. For the pancakes: Make the pancake batter by sifting the flour into a bowl. Add the baking powder and sugar. Whisk in the edd and a quarter of the milk until you have a thick paste. then gradually whish in the rest of the milk until you have a thick smooth batter.
3. Heat a little oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Wipe the excess away with kitchen paper, before pouring small ladles of batter into the pan. You will need to make the pancakes in batches. When bubbles start to appear on the surface and the bottoms are golden brown, place a ring of pineapple in the center of each pancake.
4. Carefully turn the pancakes over using a wide spatula. Cook the pancakes on the other side for 2-3 minutes until cooked through, then remove from the pan.
5. Grill or fry the bacon until crispy, then place on top of a stack of pancakes. Serve with a drizzle of the orange and mango maple syrup.
For the orange maple syrup:
- 100 ml orange and mango juice, such as Tropicana
- 100 ml maple syrup
For the pancakes:
- 150 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 140 ml milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 pineapple rings, drained from the juice
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 8 rashers streaky bacon
Tips and suggestions
- Keep the pancakes warm while you continue to cook the rest by keeping them in the oven on a low heat