Pineapple pancakes with bacon and maple syrup
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - What Grows Together
- 20:30 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - Made for Each Other
- 21:00 - New Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - 'Tis the Season to Be Choccy...
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Pineapple pancakes with bacon and orange maple syrup, from Gee Charman for Tropicana, is a decadent breakfast or brunch, perfect for the weekend when you have a little more time
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- Keep the pancakes warm while you continue to cook the rest by keeping them in the oven on a low heat
For the orange maple syrup:
- 100 ml orange and mango juice, such as Tropicana
- 100 ml maple syrup
For the pancakes:
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. For the orange maple syrup: Place the juice into a pan and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes until reduced by half and then add the maple syrup. Mix well and set to one side.
2. For the pancakes: Make the pancake batter by sifting the flour into a bowl. Add the baking powder and sugar. Whisk in the edd and a quarter of the milk until you have a thick paste. then gradually whish in the rest of the milk until you have a thick smooth batter.
3. Heat a little oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Wipe the excess away with kitchen paper, before pouring small ladles of batter into the pan. You will need to make the pancakes in batches. When bubbles start to appear on the surface and the bottoms are golden brown, place a ring of pineapple in the center of each pancake.
4. Carefully turn the pancakes over using a wide spatula. Cook the pancakes on the other side for 2-3 minutes until cooked through, then remove from the pan.
5. Grill or fry the bacon until crispy, then place on top of a stack of pancakes. Serve with a drizzle of the orange and mango maple syrup.