On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's American Road Trip - Los Angeles
- 21:00 - River Cottage: Summer's Here - River Cottage Summer, 1
- 22:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland (2), 10
Method1. Peel the potatoes, and boil for 45 minutes or until soft.
2. Meanwhile, heat a little oil in a large saucepan. Fry the onions, peas and carrots in the oil until the onions become transparent. Add the turkey and fry for five more minutes.
3. Whisk the cornflour with a little water, add to the saucepan and stir through. Add the chicken stock and then simmer gently for 30 minutes or until the sauce has the consistency of a thick gravy.
4. Add the Worcestershire sauce, cranberry sauce, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste and then simmer for another 5 minutes. Transfer in to a large casserole dish.
5. Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Mash the potatoes with the mayonnaise, milk and butter until smooth, and then spoon or pipe onto the meat in the casserole dish. If you've spooned the mash on, rake the topping with a fork.
6. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and then bake for 30-40 minutes until the mash browns and crisps a little. Serve immediately.
- 8 large potatoes, such as Maris Piper or King Edward
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 onions, diced
- 100 g frozen peas
- 100 g carrots, diced
- 750 g turkey, white and dark meat, minced or torn in to shreds
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 litres chicken stock
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp cranberry sauce, optional
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 100 ml milk
- 50 g butter
- 50 g cheddar cheese, grated