On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's American Road Trip - Wyoming
- 21:00 - River Cottage: Summer's Here - River Cottage Summer, 2
- 22:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland (2), 11
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr 15 min, plus chilling
- Makes 24
Indulgent chocolate fudge topped with strawberries and white chocolate ganache from Chocoblog
Method1. Line a 20x30x5cm tin with baking paper.
2. For the chocolate fudge: Place condensed milk, sugar, syrup and butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Cook, stirring, without boiling for 10 minutes until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is glossy.
3. Increase heat to medium-low and bring to a simmer, stirring. Cook, stirring constantly, for 6 minutes or until the mixture thickens and comes away from the sides of the saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in dark chocolate, cherries and coconut until combined and the chocolate has melted.
4. Working quickly, pour the mixture into the prepared slice pan and smooth the top. Refrigerate fudge for 30 minutes until slightly firm. The fudge should only be about 1cm high in the pan.
5. Using a 5cm round cutter, cut rounds of the fudge and place onto a plate or tray lined with baking paper. Set rounds aside.
6. For the white chocolate ganache: Place the white chocolate and cream in a small saucepan and stir constantly over a low heat until chocolate has melted and mixture turns glossy. Place into a mixing bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
7. Once ganache has fully cooled, beat at high speed for 2 minutes or until mixture resembles smooth whipped cream.
8. Place a tablespoon of ganache onto a round of chocolate fudge and use a spoon to smooth to the edge. Place a strawberry cut side down into the ganache and press down firmly. Then roll a small amount of the ganache into a ball (roughly 1cm in diameter) and place firmly onto the top of the strawberry.
9. Repeat this process to make a collection of Santa hats. Refrigerate for 2 hours for the fudge to go firm and ganache to set.
Chocoblog is a blog dedicated to the world of chocolate, regularly publishing unbiased chocolate reviews, delicious chocolate recipes and in-depth features and reports from all over the world.
For the chocolate fudge
- 400 g sweetened condensed milk
- 250 g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp glucose syrup
- 125 g butter, diced
- 180 g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 100 g glacé cherries, finely chopped
- 30 g shredded coconut
For the white chocolate ganache
Tips and suggestions
- For more festive treats see our Christmas recipes here