On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - James Martin
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea (1): Ep 6
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Spring is in the Air
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 45 min
This mulled cider cocktail from blogger Kate Taylor at Cookie and Kate is hot and spicy and perfect for a winter gathering
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- The hot apple cider cocktail is typically known as a wassail, from an old English tradition with pagan roots, that celebrates the autum harvest.
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. In a medium saucepan, combine the apple cider, ginger, lemon, cinnamon, star anise and vanilla pod and simmer on a low heat for 45 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove all of the spices and fruit and set to one side.
2. Pour a 50ml shot of the bourbon in to a glass and then fill up with the hot spiced cider mixture.
3. Garnish with cinnamon sticks, star anise and thinly sliced red apple.
Taken from blogger Kate at Cookie and Kate
Kate is a 20-something American photographer and self-taught cook. She loves creating fresh, vegetarian recipes in her kitchen; her quirky mutt, Cookie, is always ready to catch the crumbs. She is an avid supporter of the occasional indulgence and enjoys nothing more than eating good food in good company.