On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Rick Stein's Food Heroes: Another Helping - Rick Stein's Food Heroes: Another H (2): Ep 11
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Food Heroes: Another Helping - Rick Stein's Food Heroes: Another H (2): Ep 12
- 21:00 - Rick Stein's Food Heroes: Another Helping - Rick Stein's Food Heroes: Another H (2): Ep 1
- Prep time:
- 15 min, plus cooling
- Cook time:
- 20 min
- Makes approx 30 cookies
Bake James Martin’s crunchy cornflake and marshmallow cookies for a delicious treat with a cup of tea
Method1. For the cornflake mixture: preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. In a bowl, combine the cornflake mixture with a pinch of salt and spread out evenly on a baking tray. Bake for 6-8 minutes then allow to cool.
2. For the cookie mixture: increase the oven temperature to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cream together the sugars, egg, vanilla and melted butter. In a separate bowl, add the bicarbonate of soda and 1 teaspoon salt to the flour then stir and add to the rest of the mixture.
3. When the mixture is combined to a smooth paste, mix in the chocolate chips and cooled down cornflake mixture.
4. Roll the dough into small 30g balls and place onto a lined baking sheet. Allow plenty of space between each ball as they will spread out in the oven.
5. Place a marshmallow in the centre of each ball before placing them into a heated oven for 8-10 minutes. Leave to cool on a baking tray.
- 20 g cornflakes
- 40 g caster sugar
- 20 g milk powder
- 50 g butter, melted
- 225 g butter, melted
- 250 g caster sugar
- 150 g light soft brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 g plain flour
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 125 g chocolate chips
- 70 g mini marshmallows
Tips and suggestions
- If you can't get high quality chocolate chips, chop a chocolate bar into chunks and use that instead