By: From: James Martin's United Cakes of America
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
- Prep time:
- 15 min, plus cooling
- Cook time:
- 20 min
- Makes approx 30 cookies
Bake James Martin’s crunchy cornflake and marshmallow cookies for a delicious treat with a cup of tea
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- If you can't get high quality chocolate chips, chop a chocolate bar into chunks and use that instead
- 20 g cornflakes
- 40 g caster sugar
- 20 g milk powder
- 50 g butter, melted
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. For the cornflake mixture: preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. In a bowl, combine the cornflake mixture with a pinch of salt and spread out evenly on a baking tray. Bake for 6-8 minutes then allow to cool.
2. For the cookie mixture: increase the oven temperature to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cream together the sugars, egg, vanilla and melted butter. In a separate bowl, add the bicarbonate of soda and 1 teaspoon salt to the flour then stir and add to the rest of the mixture.
3. When the mixture is combined to a smooth paste, mix in the chocolate chips and cooled down cornflake mixture.
4. Roll the dough into small 30g balls and place onto a lined baking sheet. Allow plenty of space between each ball as they will spread out in the oven.
5. Place a marshmallow in the centre of each ball before placing them into a heated oven for 8-10 minutes. Leave to cool on a baking tray.