On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Man v. Food Presents - Carnivore Edition (Volume 2)
- 20:30 - Man v. Food Presents - Carnivore Edition (Volume 3)
- 21:00 - Man v. Food Presents - Carnivore Edition (Volume 4)
- Member recipe
Submitted by: DermieO11874
- Cook time:
- 8 hrs
This treat is ideal for a sleek summer soirée. In this recipe, I use Cava but Prosecco, or even Champagne can be used as a perfect substitute.
Method1. Warm 100ml of Cava in a saucepan over a low heat, add in the caster sugar and mint leaves.
2. Ensure the remainder of the Cava is kept in the fridge to cool for later.
3. Place the pan off the heat, remove the mint leaves and allow the syrup to cool.
4. While cooling, sponge the gelatine by bringing a small pan of water to a fast boil.
5. While the water is boiling, place the gelatine and 4tbsp of water into a small bowl.
6. Take the pan off the heat and place the bowl with gelatine over the boiled water to dissolve completely.
7. Once completely dissolved, add the gelatine to the syrup and ensure the two are completely dissolved.
8. Divide the freshly washed and hulled berries evenly into 6-8 medium Martini glasses filling half way.
9. Pour the remaining very chilled Cava onto the cooled gelatine mixture.
10. Gently pour this mixture into the Martini glasses. Note: If the Cava is not chilled, you will loose your fizz!
11. Transfer the glasses to a fridge and leave for a a few hours until the jelly has set, I recommend overnight.
12. - Serve with some softly whipped cream or a dollop of Crème fraîche.
13. Decorate with a few sprigs of mint or sweet Cicely.
14. Place remaining syrup and fruit into a large dessert bowl and place in the fridge.
15. This will keep for up to a week so you can enjoy your midweek movie with a nice serving of Cava jelly!
- 650g Seasonal berry mix, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
- 500ml Chilled Cava.
- 100g caster sugar, sieved
- 4 Tsp 4 Tsp Gelatine powder, & 4tbsp water.
- 8-10 Fresh Mint Leaves.