On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Food and Drink - Jun Tanaka - Street Food
- 20:30 - Food and Drink - Monica Galetti - Comfort Food
- 21:00 - River Cottage Every Day - Lunch
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
For the ultimate sweet festive brunch, Jo Pratt makes pancakes served with a fruity syrup and cinnamony yogurt
Method1. For the pancake syrup: Place the cranberries in a saucepan with the orange juice, cranberry juice and sugar. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves, then boil until the juice has reduced by half, creating a syrupy consistency. Remove the cranberries with a slotted spoon or through a sieve and set aside.
2. Roughly chop the cranberries and set aside to use in the pancake mixture.
3. For the yogurt: Mix all the ingredients and leave to chill in the fridge.
4. For the pancakes: Place the flour, baking powder and caster sugar in a mixing bowl. Add the egg, milk, butter and orange zest, then stir briefly to form a batter. Stir in three quarters of the chopped cranberries used in the pancake syrup.
5. Heat a large frying or pancake pan over a medium heat and brush with sunflower oil. Drop 3 or 4 individual spoons of the batter into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles form on the surface. Add a little butter to the pan then turn over the pancakes and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until they are golden. Repeat with the rest of the mix, keeping pancakes warm in a low oven.
6. Stack the pancakes onto plates, add a good spoonful of cinnamon yogurt and spoon the syrup over and around the pancakes. Add orange segments and the reserved cranberries as a finishing touch.
For the syrup
- 100 g dried cranberries
- 150 ml orange juice
- 200 ml cranberry juice
- 200 g caster sugar
For the yogurt
- 200 ml Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2-3 tbsp light brown muscovado sugar
- orange segments, to serve
For the pancakes