Orange and cranberry pancakes
By: From: Perfect...
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 1
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 5
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Family Favourites
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
For the ultimate sweet festive brunch, Jo Pratt makes pancakes served with a fruity syrup and cinnamony yogurt
For the syrup
- 100 g dried cranberries
- 150 ml orange juice
- 200 ml cranberry juice
- 200 g caster sugar
For the yogurt
- 200 ml Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2-3 tbsp light brown muscovado sugar
- orange segments, to serve
For the pancakes
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. For the pancake syrup: Place the cranberries in a saucepan with the orange juice, cranberry juice and sugar. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves, then boil until the juice has reduced by half, creating a syrupy consistency. Remove the cranberries with a slotted spoon or through a sieve and set aside.
2. Roughly chop the cranberries and set aside to use in the pancake mixture.
3. For the yogurt: Mix all the ingredients and leave to chill in the fridge.
4. For the pancakes: Place the flour, baking powder and caster sugar in a mixing bowl. Add the egg, milk, butter and orange zest, then stir briefly to form a batter. Stir in three quarters of the chopped cranberries used in the pancake syrup.
5. Heat a large frying or pancake pan over a medium heat and brush with sunflower oil. Drop 3 or 4 individual spoons of the batter into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles form on the surface. Add a little butter to the pan then turn over the pancakes and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until they are golden. Repeat with the rest of the mix, keeping pancakes warm in a low oven.
6. Stack the pancakes onto plates, add a good spoonful of cinnamon yogurt and spoon the syrup over and around the pancakes. Add orange segments and the reserved cranberries as a finishing touch.