On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bakers' Christmas Special - The Hairy Bakers' Christmas Special
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Twelve Days of Christmas - The Hairy Bikers' Twelve Days of Christmas
- 22:00 - Naked Chef : Christmas in New York - Naked Chef : Christmas in New York
- Prep time:
- 20 min, plus setting time
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Mark Sargeant’s lemon and honeycomb trifle is a gorgeous combo of honeycomb, clementines and lemon posset, making a modern version of a retro British pudding
Method1. Spread the lemon curd over the bottom of the trifle bowl. Stack some of the sponge fingers upright around the inside edge of the bowl to make a wall at the bottom.
2. Put the remaining sponge fingers into a mixing bowl, sprinkle over some limoncello, stir through and heap them into the trifle bowl, adding a final splash of limoncello.
3. Pour double cream into a saucepan and add the sugar. Bring to the boil over a moderate heat, turn down and leave to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat, stir in the lemon juice, then pour this mixture over the sponge fingers. Refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight, until set.
5. When set, place the clementine segments over the mixture. Whip the cream until thick and smooth it over the trifle. Return the trifle to the fridge to chill.
6. For the honeycomb: Heat a saucepan until hot and add the caster sugar and golden syrup. Allow the sugar to dissolve so the mixture begins to caramelise.
7. Add bicarbonate of soda and quickly whisk to combine. Immediately pour the mixture into a lined non-stick tray and set aside to cool, uncovered.
8. Once cooled, break the honeycomb into medium-sized pieces and spread over the top of the trifle. Sprinkle the orange zest and grated chocolate over the top and serve.
- 100 g lemon curd
- 100 g sponge fingers, broken in half
- 3 tbsp limoncello liqueur
- 500 ml double cream
- 120 g caster sugar
- 100 ml lemon juice
- 6-8 clementines, peeled and broken into segments
- 250 ml whipping cream or double cream
For the honeycomb
- 200 g caster sugar
- 8 tbsp golden syrup
- 3 tsp bicarbonate of soda