On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Little Paris Kitchen: Cooking with Rachel Khoo - Little Paris Kitchen: Cooking With Rachel Khoo, 1
- 20:30 - The Little Paris Kitchen: Cooking with Rachel Khoo - Little Paris Kitchen: Cooking With Rachel Khoo, 2
- 21:00 - The Little Paris Kitchen: Cooking with Rachel Khoo - Little Paris Kitchen: Cooking With Rachel Khoo, 3
- Prep time:
- 20 min, plus overnight fermenting time and resting time
- Cook time:
- 40 min
- 12-16 slices
This sourdough bread from Yeo Valley is a delicious loaf that all the family will love
Method1. In a clean mixing bowl dissolve the sourdough starter into the yogurt then add 100g of the flour and combine thoroughly. Allow the dough to ferment overnight in a cool place, covered with a small bowl.
2. The next day, uncover the dough - there should be bubbles in the mixture. Mix the remaining 110g of flour into the dough along with 4g of salt and fold together. Cover and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
3. In the bowl, knead the dough for 10 seconds, or until the dough resists and then leave to stand for 10 minutes. Repeat this three times then leave to rest for 1 hour.
4. Shape the ball of dough into a loaf, place into a greased baking tin or proving basket that has been floured. Allow to prove for 3 hours or until the dough is double in size.
5. When the dough is almost ready, preheat the oven to 250C/fan 220C/gas 9, or as close to this as it will go, and place an empty deep tray at the bottom of the oven.
6. Once the dough is ready, turn it out onto a floured flat tray and slash the top of the loaf with a very sharp serrated knife.
7. Place the dough in the oven. Add a cup of water to the hot tray on the bottom shelf to form steam. Lower the oven temperature to 220C/200C fan, gas 7.
8. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown. Check the loaf is baked by tapping it on the bottom. You should hear a hollow sound. Once ready, allow to cool on a wire rack.
For all things Yeogurt, go to the Yeo Valley website.