On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Family Christmas - Turkey and Trimmings
- 20:30 - Jamie's Family Christmas - Brunch, Lunch and Breakfast
- 21:00 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen, 1
- Prep time:
- 30 min, plus cooling time
- Cook time:
- 25 min
- Makes 12 cupcakes
These spooky cupcakes from the Tattooed Cake Company have a dulce de leche filling and your choice of ghoulish decorations for a fun-filled Halloween
Method1. For the cake mixture: Preheat the oven to 155°C / fan 135°C / gas mark 2.5.
2. Add the flour, sugar, butter, eggs and cinnamon to a mixing bowl and beat until combined. Stir in the dried apple pieces until the batter is a custard-like consistency.
3. Divide into 12 cupcake cases. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and the sponge is slightly springy to the touch. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
4. Use an apple corer or teaspoon to scoop out a well in the middle of each cupcake and spoon a little dulce de leche into each cupcake.
5. For the buttercream topping: Place butter and sugar into a bowl and mix until combined. Add vanilla and food colouring, then the milk a little at a time. Beat until light and fluffy in texture. Swirl onto the cupcakes using the back of a spoon.
6. For the decorations: Gently press the sweets onto the buttercream. Leave to set then serve.
For more from the Tattooed Cake Company, see its Facebook page.
For the cake mixture
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 150 g caster sugar
- 150 g butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 tbsp cinnamon
- 50 g dried apples, chopped into small pieces
- 1 small jar or tin dulce de leche
For the buttercream
- 80 g butter, softened
- 200 g icing sugar, sifted
- 10 ml milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- food colouring, green or orange or whatever you like
For the spooky decorations
- assorted halloween sweets