On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Secret Meat Business - English
- 20:30 - Secret Meat Business - Malaysian
- 21:00 - Secret Meat Business - Italian
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 55 min
- Makes 40 pieces
These nutty, white chocolate brownies from Divine are a decadent mid-afternoon treat
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4 and grease and line a 23cm shallow square tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Gently heat some water in a saucepan, place a bowl over but make sure the water does not touch the bowl. Add the chocolate and butter and melt over a very gentle heat. Don’t rush the process, just let it melt slowly and very gently.
3. Place the eggs and sugar in a separate bowl, whisk until well blended. Remove the bowl of chocolate and place the bowl with the egg mixture over the pan of water.
4. Whisk for several minutes until thick and pale. Remove the bowl from the heat, whisk until cool.
5. Using a spatula, fold the melted butter and chocolate and the vanilla extract into the egg mixture with the 100g chopped chocolate and nuts until evenly blended.
6. Sift in the flour and fold in carefully until well blended. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake in centre of the oven for 40 minutes until just firm to touch.
7. Cool in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack. Dust with icing sugar and cut into small squares.
Find out more about Divine Chocolate.
Photo: Hilary Moore for Divine Chocolate.
- vegetable oil, or butter for greasing
- 125 g white chocolate, preferably Divine, broken into squares
- 100 g butter
- 3 large eggs
- 150 g caster sugar
- 100 g hazelnuts
- 100 g white chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125 g plain flour
- icing sugar, for dusting
Tips and suggestions
- If you can resist eating the brownies straight away, wrap them in cling film and keep for a day to improve the texture.