On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - John Torode's Australia - Queensland Part I
- 21:00 - MasterChef - MasterChef
- 22:00 - The River Cottage Treatment - The River Cottage Treatment
Submitted by: sallnow
Submitted by: Elena Iksar
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 45 min
- Makes 24 pieces
Rich and fudgy brownies studded with juicy raspberries, nuts and chunks of Divine white chocolate from Linda Collister, author of the Great British Bake Off cook books.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/ fan 160/ gas 4. Grease a baking tin or brownie tin, preferably 28cm x 18cm x 2.5cm, and line with greaseproof paper.
2. Put the dark chocolate into a heatproof bowl set over a pan of hot, but not boiling, water, making sure the base of the bowl does not touch the water. Leave to melt, stirring occasionally, then remove the bowl from the pan.
3. Whisk the butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs, beating well after each egg is added.
4. Add the vanilla extract, the melted chocolate and stir in gently using a spatula. Sieve the flour and cocoa into the bowl then fold in the nuts and white chocolate pieces until the mixture is evenly blended.
5. Spoon half the mixture into the prepared tin and spread evenly. Scatter the raspberries over the top of the brownie mixture, top with remaining mixture and spread evenly.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the mixture feels firm when pressed. Remove from the oven and cool in the tin on a wire rack. When cold cut the brownie into 24 squares.
Find out more about Divine Chocolate.
Photo: Hilary Moore for Divine Chocolate.
- vegetable oil, or butter for greasing
- 200 g dark chocolate, preferably Divine, broken into squares
- 100 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 200 g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60 g plain flour
- 60 g cocoa powder, preferably Divine
- 50 g pecans, chopped
- 100 g white chocolate, preferably Divine
- 150 g fresh raspberries