Apple, oat and pecan bars
By: From: Rachel Allen's Cake Diaries
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - James Martin: Yorkshire's Finest - York Betty's
- 20:30 - James Martin: Yorkshire's Finest - Whitby Kippers
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - Things That Go Bump in the Night
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 30 min
Full of crunchy sweet goodness, Rachel Allen’s easy-peasy snacks make the perfect lunchbox treat
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- These will keep for 4–5 days in an airtight container.
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas mark 4, then grease the sides of the Swiss roll tin (23 x 30cm ) with butter and line the base with baking parchment.
2. Place the prepared apples in a food processor and pulse a few times until they’re in small pieces. Add the butter and sugar and cream together for 20 seconds or so, then add all the remaining ingredients and pulse just until mixed.
3. Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and place the pecans on top, spaced apart to form an even grid (4 x 3). Bake for 25–30 minutes or until risen and golden, then remove from the oven and leave in the tin
to cool down completely.
4. When cool, cut into 12 bars, each with one pecan on top, and remove from the tin.
Text © Rachel Allen 2012. Photography © Philip Webb 2012.