On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Tomatoes
- 20:30 - Raymond Blanc's Kitchen Secrets - Summer Greens
- 21:00 - Paul Hollywood's Bread - Classic Bread
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 45 min
Balwinder Kaur uses ginger and turmeric to complement the aniseed flavour of fenugreek in this easy chicken curry
Method1. Set a 25cm pan over a medium heat. Add the oil and when it’s hot, tip in the onion. Fry for 10 minutes, or until it is light brown, then add the garlic and ginger. Fry for 2 minutes.
2. Add the chicken and brown for 2 minutes. Put in the tomatoes and green chillies. Stir for 2 minutes, then add the turmeric and ½ teaspoon of salt.
3. Mix well for 5 minutes before adding the chilli powder and garam masala. Stir and crumble in the dried fenugreek leaves.
4. Mix in 360ml of hot water, or enough just to cover the chicken, and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over a low heat for 20 minutes, then serve.
- 4 tbsp olive or sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, finely grated or crushed
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 700 g boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2½ cm chunks
- 4 tbsp canned chopped tomatoes
- 3 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1½ tbsp dried fenugreek leaves