On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - Hartford, CT
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Niagara Falls
- 21:00 - Man v. Food - Butte
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 2 hrs 30 min
You can try using different pasta types with this melt-in-the-mouth meat and rich tomato sauce recipe by Simply Beef and Lamb
Method1. Place the beef in a large plastic food bag. Add the seasoning, cayenne and paprika; seal, shake well to coat the beef in the spices.
2. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Cook the beef for 4-5 minutes in batches until brown on all sides. Transfer to a 1.7 litre heatproof casserole pot.
3. In the same frying pan, cook the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Spoon into the casserole pot. Add the tomatoes and stock, cinnamon, sugar and tomato purée. Bring this to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 2-2½ hours.
4. 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time add the gnocchi. Garnish with the parsley and serve with crusty bread.
This recipe is from Simply Beef and Lamb
- 450 g lean boneless shin or chuck steaks, cut into 2.5cm/1inch cubes
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped or crushed
- 2 x 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 200 ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 cinnamon stick, halved
- 1 tsp light soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 400 g gnocchi
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish