Lamb curry with sweet potatoes
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Michel Roux Jr and Michel Roux Snr
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers Guide: Ep 8
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - On the Frontline
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 2 hrs 30 min
You’ll really relish the sweet and spicy flavourings in this slow cooked dinner by Simply Lamb and Beef
- 450 g lean lamb shoulder or leg of lamb, cut into 2.5cm/1 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped or crushed
- 2.5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped or grated
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 tbsp garam masala
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 200 ml lamb stock
- 3 green chillies
- 1 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ limes, juiced
- large handful coriander, chopped
- Black mustard seeds, to garnish
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Heat half the oil in a large non-stick pan and brown the lamb in batches for 3-4 minutes. Spoon into a 1.2l heatproof casserole dish.
2. Add the remaining oil to the same pan and cook the onion, garlic, ginger and spices for 3-4 minutes or until soft and golden. Spoon into the casserole dish.
3. Add the tomatoes, stock and chillies if using. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and cook for 2-2½ hours or until the lamb is tender, stirring occasionally. Season if required.
4. Around 20 minutes before the end of the cooking time, add the potato and lime juice. Garnish with the coriander and black mustard seeds and serve with basmati rice, naan bread and a selection of Indian relishes.