On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Hairy Bikers' Bakeation - Norway
- 21:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Cooking - Soft and Crisp
- 21:30 - Heston Blumenthal: In Search Of Perfection - Fish Pie
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 2 hrs 30 min
You’ll really relish the sweet and spicy flavourings in this slow cooked dinner by Simply Lamb and Beef
Method1. Heat half the oil in a large non-stick pan and brown the lamb in batches for 3-4 minutes. Spoon into a 1.2l heatproof casserole dish.
2. Add the remaining oil to the same pan and cook the onion, garlic, ginger and spices for 3-4 minutes or until soft and golden. Spoon into the casserole dish.
3. Add the tomatoes, stock and chillies if using. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and cook for 2-2½ hours or until the lamb is tender, stirring occasionally. Season if required.
4. Around 20 minutes before the end of the cooking time, add the potato and lime juice. Garnish with the coriander and black mustard seeds and serve with basmati rice, naan bread and a selection of Indian relishes.
- 450 g lean lamb shoulder or leg of lamb, cut into 2.5cm/1 inch cubes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped or crushed
- 2.5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped or grated
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 tbsp garam masala
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 200 ml lamb stock
- 3 green chillies
- 1 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ limes, juiced
- large handful coriander, chopped
- Black mustard seeds, to garnish