Smoked ham pasta bake
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 1
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 5
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Family Favourites
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 40 min
Smoked ham pasta bake is oozing with creamy sauce and features beetroot for a pop of colour and sweetness
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- For a less rich version, replace the double cream with extra milk.
- 375 g dried pasta, such as conchiglie, fusilli or penne
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 450 ml milk
- 150 ml double cream
- 150 g mature cheddar or gruyere, grated
- 200 g smoked ham, torn into shreds
- small bunch chives, finely chopped
- 500 g cooked beetroot, cut into 1cm cubes
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/356F.
2. Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
3. Put the butter in a heavy-based saucepan over a low heat and sweat the onion for 10-15 minutes until it starts to soften. Add the garlic and fry for a minute before stirring through the flour.
4. Pour in milk and cream. Bring up to the boil, stirring constantly until thickened. Simmer for 2-3 minutes to cook the flour.
5. Turn off the heat, stir through half the cheese as well as ham and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Stir through the cooked pasta and beetroot and spoon into a baking dish. Scatter over the rest of the cheese and bake for about 20 minutes, until golden brown and bubbling. Serve immediately, accompanied by a green salad.
Recipe from Love Beetroot