On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Man v. Food - San Jose
- 20:30 - Man v. Food - Denver
- 21:00 - MasterChef Ireland - MasterChef Ireland, 10
- Prep time:
- 25 min, plus chilling and cooling time
- Cook time:
- 15 min
- Makes 12
These chewy banana toffee delights with mousse are a lighter play on the original - a banana lover’s delight.
For the base
- 8 digestive biscuits
- 80 g unsalted butter
For the toffee
- 20 g butter
- 120 g brown sugar
- 100 ml double cream
For the banana mousse
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- 250 ml double cream
- 50 g dark chocolate, for shavings
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
2. Crush the digestive biscuits either in a food processor or put into a sandwich bag and bash with a rolling pin.
3. Melt 80g of the butter and mix together with the biscuits until thoroughly combined. Spoon into a muffin tin lined with 12 cases.
4. Bake on the middle shelf of the preheated oven for 5 minutes. Cool and put the tin in the fridge to chill.
5. To make the toffee, melt the butter and sugar in a pan, and add in the cream. Bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes until the sugar has dissolved. Pour into a container and chill.
6. Mash the bananas and add the icing sugar. Whip the cream to soft peaks, add the banana purée and fold in until smooth.
7. Once the biscuit bases have set, place a tablespoon of toffee onto each one. Spoon the banana mousse into a piping bag and pipe swirls onto the tops. Finish with dark chocolate shavings or a dusting of cocoa.
8. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Jo Wheatley's recipe book is available exclusively from Sainsbury’s. Buy A Passion For Baking for just £8.