On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Hairy Bakers' Christmas Special - The Hairy Bakers' Christmas Special
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers' Twelve Days of Christmas - The Hairy Bikers' Twelve Days of Christmas
- 22:00 - Naked Chef : Christmas in New York - Naked Chef : Christmas in New York
- Prep time:
- 20 min, plus chilling time
- Cook time:
- 20 min
- 15 melting moments
Jo first made these by chance when she was going to use buttercream as a filling but opened the fridge and saw little pots of mousse she made the night before, so used them instead
MethodThis recipe contains raw egg, so be careful who you feed it to.
1. For the chocolate mousse filling: Finely chop the dark and milk chocolate and tip into a bowl. Heat the cream in a small saucepan until it is just below boiling point and then pour over the chopped chocolate and stir gently until the chocolate has melted. Add the egg yolk and icing sugar and stir until smooth and glossy.
Chill until set.
2. For the melting moments: Combine the butter, icing sugar and vanilla in the bowl of a free-standing mixer or food processor and blend until light and fluffy. Sift the flour, cornflour and cocoa into the bowl and beat until smooth.
3. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag fitted with
a large, open star nozzle and pipe 30 swirls onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
4. Chill the melting moments in the fridge for 15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
5. Bake the melting moments on the middle shelf
of the preheated oven for 12–15 minutes until firm then leave to cool on the baking tray.
6. Spoon the chocolate mousse into a clean piping bag; pipe onto 15 of the cookies and then sandwich with the remaining cookies and serve.
Jo Wheatley's recipe book is available exclusively from Sainsbury’s. Buy A Passion For Baking for just £8.
For the melting moments
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 60 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 g plain flour
- 50 g cornflour
- 60 g cocoa powder
For the chocolate mousse filling
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 50 g milk chocolate
- 100 ml double cream
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten
- 30 g icing sugar