On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Joy of Curry - Joy Of Curry (1): Ep 1
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Sunday Dinners
- 22:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meaty Milestone
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Fresh, lemony and filled with vegetables, this zingy but light combination from Nikki Crichton brightens up any table
- 300 g penne pasta
- 150 g broccoli florets
- 150 g spears of asparagus, cut into 3cm pieces
- 150 g fresh or frozen garden peas
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
For the garnish
- 50 g almonds
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook for 10-12 minutes. Drain and leave to cool.
2. Steam the broccoli, asparagus and peas for 5–7 minutes until tender. Leave to cool. Mix all the vegetables with the pasta and herbs in a large salad bowl.
3. For the dressing: put all the ingredients in a jar and shake with the lid on. Stir through the salad then season.
4. For the garnish: scatter with almonds and serve.