On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Hairy Bikers' Bakeation - Eastern Europe
- 21:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Cooking - Hot and Cold
- 21:30 - Heston Blumenthal: In Search Of Perfection - Risotto
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Fresh, lemony and filled with vegetables, this zingy but light combination from Nikki Crichton brightens up any table
Method1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook for 10-12 minutes. Drain and leave to cool.
2. Steam the broccoli, asparagus and peas for 5–7 minutes until tender. Leave to cool. Mix all the vegetables with the pasta and herbs in a large salad bowl.
3. For the dressing: put all the ingredients in a jar and shake with the lid on. Stir through the salad then season.
4. For the garnish: scatter with almonds and serve.
- 300 g penne pasta
- 150 g broccoli florets
- 150 g spears of asparagus, cut into 3cm pieces
- 150 g fresh or frozen garden peas
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
For the garnish
- 50 g almonds