On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - You Gotta Eat Here - Chicago Edition: Lou Malnati's Pizzeria, Beef, Manny's Delicatessan
- 20:30 - You Gotta Eat Here - Rock Lobster, Harper's Burger Bar, Casa Calzone
- 21:00 - You Gotta Eat Here - Stoneface Dolly's, Hadley's, Rick's Fish and Chips and Seafood House
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 35 min
Allegra McEvedy’s Turkish fish dish makes an impressive dinner party main filled with a fragrant mix of rice, herbs, currants and almonds
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160 fan/gas 4. Put the onions, herbs, spices, almonds, currants and lemon zest into a bowl. Add the warm rice and stir in the butter so that it melts. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Season the inside of the trout and fill with the rice stuffing, securing them with cocktail 2-3 sticks each. You may need to push the sticks quite hard.
3. Choose a tray that fits all four fish quite snugly and is deep enough to contain the wine. Pour in the wine and extra virgin olive oil along with 100ml of water. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Serve with the juices and cos leaves, lemon wedges, peppers, tomatoes and onion rings.
- 2 spring onions, cut into 1cm slices
- big handful parsley, roughly chopped
- small handful dill, chopped
- 1 big pinch ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp sumac
- 35 g flaked almonds
- 20 g currants
- 1 lemon, zested
- 90 g basmati rice, cooked according to packet instructions
- 30 g butter
- 4 trout, gutted and scaled
- 150 ml white wine
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- cos lettuce
- lemon wedges
- 2 green peppers, grilled
- 4 tomatoes, grilled and cut in half
- 1 red onion, grilled and cut into rings
Tips and suggestions
- Allspice should not be confused with mixed spice, which is a blend of different spices