By: From: Turkish Delights with Allegra McEvedy
On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - Things That Go Bump in the Night
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Salem
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Virginia
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 35 min
Allegra McEvedy’s Turkish fish dish makes an impressive dinner party main filled with a fragrant mix of rice, herbs, currants and almonds
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- Allspice should not be confused with mixed spice, which is a blend of different spices
- 2 spring onions, cut into 1cm slices
- big handful parsley, roughly chopped
- small handful dill, chopped
- 1 big pinch ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp sumac
- 35 g flaked almonds
- 20 g currants
- 1 lemon, zested
- 90 g basmati rice, cooked according to packet instructions
- 30 g butter
- 4 trout, gutted and scaled
- 150 ml white wine
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160 fan/gas 4. Put the onions, herbs, spices, almonds, currants and lemon zest into a bowl. Add the warm rice and stir in the butter so that it melts. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Season the inside of the trout and fill with the rice stuffing, securing them with cocktail 2-3 sticks each. You may need to push the sticks quite hard.
3. Choose a tray that fits all four fish quite snugly and is deep enough to contain the wine. Pour in the wine and extra virgin olive oil along with 100ml of water. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Serve with the juices and cos leaves, lemon wedges, peppers, tomatoes and onion rings.