On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - John Torode's Australia - Tasmania Part II
- 21:00 - MasterChef: The Finals - MasterChef
- 22:00 - River Cottage Road Trip - River Cottage Road Trip
- Prep time:
- 30 min
Packed full of veg, bulgur wheat and nuts, Allegra McEvedy’s Turkish salad makes a tasty vegetarian lunch option
Method1. Put the kettle on and tip the bulgur wheat into a bowl. Measure out 200ml boiling water, stir in the tomato purée and pour over the bulgur wheat.
2. Cover the bowl and set aside for 20 minutes or so while you prepare the rest. Mix the garlic, both kinds of onion, parsley, mint, both kinds of nuts and chilli flakes in a large bowl.
3. Once the bulgur wheat is ready, stir into the bowl with the onions, nuts and herbs. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, lemon juice, olive oil, pomegranate molasses, salt and plenty of black pepper.
4. Taste and add more seasoning if you like.
For more salad ideas, take a look at our salad recipe collection
- 150 g fine bulgur wheat
- 2.5 tbsp tomato purée, or half tomato puree and half sundried tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- half white onions, chopped
- handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- handful mint leaves, chopped
- handful walnuts, roughly chopped
- handful hazelnuts, raw, skin on and very roughly chopped
- 1 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 2 tomatoes, roughly diced
- quarter of a cucumber, roughly diced
- 3-4 tbsp lemon juice
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp pomegranate molasses, or tamarind paste, both optional
Tips and suggestions
- To chop the nuts, wrap in a tea towel and bash with a rolling pin until broken into smaller pieces