On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On - Jamie's Christmas with Bells On Ep 2
- 21:00 - Rick Stein's Spanish Christmas - Rick Stein's Spanish Christmas
- 22:00 - Two Fat Ladies: Xmas 1997 - Two Fat Ladies: Xmas 1997
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min
Allegra McEvedy’s delicious traditional hummus recipe is perfect with warmed pitta and olives
Method1. Tip the chickpeas and the water they are in into a pan and heat until they are warmed through but not simmering.
2. Lift the chickpeas out with a slotted spoon and whizz in a food processor with the garlic and tahini and as much of the warm chickpea water as necessary to ensure that you get a puree.
3. Add a tablespoon of extra virgin oil, then transfer to a small mixing bowl and stir in the cumin, salt and some lemon juice.
4. Leave until cooled, which will give it time to firm up a bit.
5. Taste and season, then spoon into a serving bowl and use the back of the spoon to make a well. Pour some extra virgin olive oil into the well, sprinkle the rim with cayenne and serve with warm bread, lemon wedges, olives and pickled chillies.