Roasted carrot, spinach and feta salad
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - What Grows Together
- 20:30 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - Made for Each Other
- 21:00 - New Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - 'Tis the Season to Be Choccy...
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Colourful and crunchy, liven up your lunch with this sweet roasted carrot salad recipe from Great British Carrots
- 450 g carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into wedges
- 60 ml olive oil
- 2 whole cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Juice of half a lemons
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1 bag of baby spinach leaves
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp chopped leaves of mint
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 220C/fan 200/gas mark 7. Place the carrots, onion, pepper and half the oil in a large roasting tin. Season well. Toss together until everything is coated in oil. Roast for 15 mins. Stir in the seeds and garlic and roast for a further 10 mins until the carrots are just tender but still have a bit of bite.
2. Remove the vegetables from the oven and remove the garlic cloves. On a chopping board, slip the garlic from the papery skin and using the blade of a knife work it to a smooth paste. Put the garlic paste in a small bowl with the remaining oil, lemon juice and honey and whisk together with a fork. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Empty the spinach leaves into a large serving bowl, then add the roasted vegetables, feta cheese, chopped mint and pour over the dressing. Toss lightly together until mixed.
Recipe from Great British Carrots