On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Jamie's Affordable Christmas - Jamie's Affordable Christmas
- 21:00 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - Life in the Old Bird?
- 21:30 - Nigella's Christmas Kitchen - The Big Freeze
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Colourful and crunchy, liven up your lunch with this sweet roasted carrot salad recipe from Great British Carrots
Method1. Preheat the oven to 220C/fan 200/gas mark 7. Place the carrots, onion, pepper and half the oil in a large roasting tin. Season well. Toss together until everything is coated in oil. Roast for 15 mins. Stir in the seeds and garlic and roast for a further 10 mins until the carrots are just tender but still have a bit of bite.
2. Remove the vegetables from the oven and remove the garlic cloves. On a chopping board, slip the garlic from the papery skin and using the blade of a knife work it to a smooth paste. Put the garlic paste in a small bowl with the remaining oil, lemon juice and honey and whisk together with a fork. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Empty the spinach leaves into a large serving bowl, then add the roasted vegetables, feta cheese, chopped mint and pour over the dressing. Toss lightly together until mixed.
Recipe from Great British Carrots
- 450 g carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into wedges
- 60 ml olive oil
- 2 whole cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Juice of half a lemons
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1 bag of baby spinach leaves
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp chopped leaves of mint