On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Caribbean Food Made Easy - CARIBBEAN FOOD MADE EASY
- 20:30 - Chinese Food Made Easy - Seafood
- 21:00 - MasterChef: The Final Three - MasterChef
- Prep time:
- 40 min
- Cook time:
- 20 min
These large cupcakes are made in muffin cases and topped with plenty of raspberry whipped cream for a summery cream cake twist
Method1. For the cupcakes: Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl or electric mixer until well mixed and light and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs and continue to beat together for a further two to three minutes.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder together two or three times between two bowls then add to the batter and beat until well mixed.
4. Fold the chopped macadamia nuts and white chocolate into the mixture then spoon the mixture into eight muffin cases placed in a muffin tray.
5. Set aside to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes and preheat the oven to 180°C or gas mark 4.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until they are golden and firm. They are cooked if you can poke in a skewer and it comes out clean. Leave to cool.
7. For the raspberry purée: Place the raspberries, water and sugar into a pan over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer gently until the raspberries have softened.
8. Pour the raspberries into a sieve over a bowl and force the mixture through to leave the raspberry seeds behind. Allow puree to cool.
9. Sprinkle the gelatin over approximately 100ml of the raspberry puree. Let it stand about 5-10 minutes or until it has softened and swelled then heat it gently whilst stirring to dissolve the gelatin (add more raspberry puree if required).
10. Once all the gelatin has dissolved add the remainder of the purée to the gelatin solution. Mix thoroughly and decanter into a clean container and allow to cool.
11. Place your mixing bowl and wire whisk in the freezer for about 15-30 minutes to cool.
12. Remove the cold bowl and whisk from the freezer, add the whipping cream and whisk until soft peaks form. Add the cooled gelatin and raspberry puree solution and whisk again until stiff peaks form.
12. Spoon or pipe the whipped raspberry cream onto the cupcakes and decorate with a few whole raspberries and nuts.
For the cupcakes
- 125 g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 150 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 100 g macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 100 g white chocolate, pieces or chips
For the raspberry whipped cream
- 400 g fresh raspberries
- 1 tbsp water
- 50 g caster sugar
- 3 tsp powdered gelatine
- 600 ml whipping cream
Tips and suggestions
- If you want to save the cream add add to the cupcakes later it can be refrigerated in a sealed container until needed.