On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Nigel Slater's 12 Tastes of Christmas - Nigel Slater's 12 Tastes of Christmas
- 21:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Christmas - Nigel Slater's Simple Christmas
- 22:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best at Christmas - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best at Christmas
- Prep time:
- 15 min, plus overnight marinating
Turn your sponge cake into a rich Italian dessert with Enzo Oliveri and Aldo Zilli's marzipan and ricotta recipe
Method1. Mix together the ricotta cheese and sugar and leave overnight.
2. Take the ricotta cheese mixture and pass through a sieve. Add the chocolate buttons and candied peel and mix together.
3. Place the marzipan around the inside of a tea cup put the ring of sponge in the bottom of the cup. Spoon the ricotta cheese mixture into the cup.
4. Place your sponge cake on to a plate. Dissolve the icing sugar into the water and drizzle over the top of each desert. Place half cherry on top and serve