On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Heston Blumenthal: In Search Of Perfection - Peking Duck
- 20:30 - Heston Blumenthal: In Search Of Perfection - Fish Pie
- 21:00 - Madhur Jaffrey's Curry Nation - State of the Nation
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 15 min
Angela Nilsen’s easy after-work supper uses mostly store-cupboard ingredients. The couscous salad can be served warm or cold
Method1. Preheat the grill to high. Rub the chicken all over with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Lay the chicken on a foil-lined baking tray and grill, skin side up, for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, mix together the honey, lime juice and lime zest.
2. While the chicken is cooking, tip the couscous into a large bowl and pour over the hot stock. Cover with cling film and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
3. Mix the 5 tablespoons of oil with the garlic, chillies, cumin, coriander, paprika and some salt and pepper and set aside.
4. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan, add the almonds and toast over a medium-high heat, shaking the pan often so the nuts brown evenly. When the couscous is done, fork through to separate the grains then stir in the nuts, spring onions, butter beans, coriander and the spiced oil mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. After the chicken has grilled for 10 mins, remove and slash the skin diagonally in several places. Brush over half of the honey-lime mixture, brushing into the slashes, and return to the grill for 2 minutes. Baste with the rest of the honey mix and grill for a further 2-3 minutes until the skin is nicely glazed.
6. Spoon the couscous onto serving plates, top with some rocket leaves, torn mint leaves and then the chicken. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skin on
- 3 tbsp runny honey
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 200 g couscous
- 250 ml hot chicken stock
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 plump garlic cloves, crushed or finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp crushed dried chillies
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 handfuls whole blanched almonds
- 4 spring onions, trimmed, finely sliced
- 400 g can butter beans
- 1 bunches coriander, leaves and stems chopped
- 1 handfuls rocket
- 3-4 sprigs mint, leaves torn
- lime wedges, to serve
Tips and suggestions
- Instead of mixing different spices for the spiced oil mix an excellent alternative is to use 1 tbsp harissa with 4-5 tablespoons of olive oil and a squeeze of lime juice.