Egg and cress sandwiches
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Joy of Curry - Joy Of Curry (1): Ep 1
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Sunday Dinners
- 22:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meaty Milestone
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
- Makes 32 sandwiches
This classic British egg mayonnaise sandwich is easy to make in bulk when you need to put on a big spread
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- Allow the eggs to sit at room temperature before boiling because if they are plunged into hot water straight from the fridge they can crack.
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Boil eggs for 7 minutes until hard boiled.
2. Mix the eggs and salad cream together and season to taste.
3. Add in the cress and mix together then spread over one slice of bread. Add the top slice and serve.
Get more recipes, step-by-step guides and nutritional information from The Flour Advisory Bureau.
Want more bread-making ideas? Take a look at our best bread recipes.