On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The View from River Cottage - The View From River Cottage
- 20:30 - The View from River Cottage - The View From River Cottage
- 21:00 - River Cottage Road Trip - River Cottage Road Trip
- Prep time:
- 5 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
- Makes 32 sandwiches
This classic British egg mayonnaise sandwich is easy to make in bulk when you need to put on a big spread
Method1. Boil eggs for 7 minutes until hard boiled.
2. Mix the eggs and salad cream together and season to taste.
3. Add in the cress and mix together then spread over one slice of bread. Add the top slice and serve.
Get more recipes, step-by-step guides and nutritional information from The Flour Advisory Bureau.
Want more bread-making ideas? Take a look at our best bread recipes.
- 3 eggs, finely chopped and mashed
- 4 tbsp salad cream
- 2 handfuls cress, or chopped watercress
- 16 slices bread, firm white or firm whole wheat cut into thin slices, crusts removed
Tips and suggestions
- Allow the eggs to sit at room temperature before boiling because if they are plunged into hot water straight from the fridge they can crack.