On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - You Gotta Eat Here - Chicago Edition: Lou Malnati's Pizzeria, Beef, Manny's Delicatessan
- 20:30 - You Gotta Eat Here - Rock Lobster, Harper's Burger Bar, Casa Calzone
- 21:00 - You Gotta Eat Here - Stoneface Dolly's, Hadley's, Rick's Fish and Chips and Seafood House
- Prep time:
- 5 min, plus freezing time
Cocktail maestro Salvatore Calabrese served the Queen one of his direct gin martinis – and she asked for it with a twist. His take on a gin martini recipe is strong and extra dry
Method1. Place a bottle of gin in the freezer.
2. Coat the inside of a cocktail glass with still water, shake out the excess and place in the freezer for 24 hours.
3. Pour the gin directly into the glass. Sprinkle the extra dry vermouth on top for aroma and taste.
4. Twist the lemon peel on top to release the natural lemon oil.
This recipe is by cocktail expert Salvatore Calabrese.
- 50 cl good quality gin
- 2-3 dashes of Martini extra dry vermouth
- twist of lemons, or an olive
Tips and suggestions
- To make a twist of lemon, use a sharp knife or a potato peeler to peel the rind away – be careful to avoid the bitter white pith and the pulp.