On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Choccywoccydoodah: Starstruck - Things That Go Bump in the Night
- 21:00 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Salem
- 21:30 - James Martin's United Cakes of America - Virginia
- Prep time:
- 5 min, plus freezing time
Cocktail maestro Salvatore Calabrese served the Queen one of his direct gin martinis – and she asked for it with a twist. His take on a gin martini recipe is strong and extra dry
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- To make a twist of lemon, use a sharp knife or a potato peeler to peel the rind away – be careful to avoid the bitter white pith and the pulp.
- 50 cl good quality gin
- 2-3 dashes of Martini extra dry vermouth
- twist of lemons, or an olive
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Place a bottle of gin in the freezer.
2. Coat the inside of a cocktail glass with still water, shake out the excess and place in the freezer for 24 hours.
3. Pour the gin directly into the glass. Sprinkle the extra dry vermouth on top for aroma and taste.
4. Twist the lemon peel on top to release the natural lemon oil.
This recipe is by cocktail expert Salvatore Calabrese.