On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Michel Roux Jr and Michel Roux Snr
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers Guide: Ep 8
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - On the Frontline
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 1 hr
Stick the kettle on! This light crumbly fruit cake is a teatime classic that will keep your guests entertained
Tips and suggestions
- Cooks Tips...
- This simple cake recipe will keep for up to 1 week in a cake tin.
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Set the oven to 180C/fan 160/gas 4. Line a 900 kg (2lb) loaf tin with baking parchment.
2. Place the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat until light and creamy. Gradually beat in the eggs until smooth.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients and stir well. Place the mixture in the cake tin.
4. Bake for 1 hour – 1 hour 10 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 mins, then turn out and allow to cool on a wire rack. Serve sliced.