On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Secret Meat Business - English
- 20:30 - Secret Meat Business - Malaysian
- 21:00 - Secret Meat Business - Italian
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 5 min, plus setting time
In need of an oh-so-British dessert on a sunny afternoon? It must be Pimm’s ‘o’ clock – Pimm’s jelly that is.
Method1. Pour the water into a small saucepan and add the caster sugar. Gently heat the water to dissolve the sugar, once it has dissolved leave the pan on the heat for 3 minutes.
2. Put the water and sugar mix into a large measuring jug and add the Pimm’s, lemonade and the gelatine.
3. Stir the jelly mixture, then place the measuring jug over a bowl filled with ice and leave to begin to set for 45 minutes or so, stirring occasionally.
4. When the jelly begins to set immediately add the strawberries, cucumber and most of the mint and pour the mixture into the glasses of your choice.
5. Press one or two mint leaves into the mixture in the top of each glass to garnish and put the glasses in the fridge.
6. Leave the jellies overnight if possible, otherwise leave at least 4 hours to allow them to fully set, then serve.
- 100 ml water
- 115 g caster sugar
- 500 ml diet lemonade
- 175 ml pimms
- 1.5 sachets gelatine
- 250 g strawberries, sliced finely
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 handfuls mint leaves