On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Michel Roux Jr and Michel Roux Snr
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers' Guide - Rick Stein's Seafood Lovers Guide: Ep 8
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - On the Frontline
- Prep time:
- 30 min, plus 2 hours
- Cook time:
- 1 hr 10 min
Luke Nguyen makes a chickpea stock and creates a sour, sharp taste from tomatoes, ginger and soy sauce in this traditional Burmese soup recipe
- 400 g gram flour, also known as chickpea flour
- 1 litres cold water
- 4 tbsp peanut oil
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 5 red Asian shallots
- 3 garlic cloves, pounded
- 4 cm ginger, peeled and pounded
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 fillets of chicken thighs, diced
- 400 g rice noodles, blanched
- 200 g bok choy, blanched
- 200 g bean sprouts
- 4 tsp crushed roasted peanuts
- 2 tsp fried garlic
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp suger cane syrup
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. In a large bowl combine gram flour (chickpea powder) and water. Mix well then allow to set for 2 hours.
2. Take the top half of the liquid and transfer to a pot and place on low heat, stirring for 15 minutes. Now begin to add a few tablespoons of the remaining liquid every 5 minutes whilst stirring for the next 15 minutes. You should notice the liquid getting thicker.
3. Meanwhile, bring a pan to medium-heat, add oil and sauté the turmeric, red shallots, garlic and ginger for 15 minutes.
4. Now add tomatoes, paprika powder, salt and chicken then stir-fry on medium heat for 10 minutes. Take off heat and set aside.
5. To serve, divide noodles into 4 soup bowls. Ladle the tofu soup over the noodles, then top with cooked chicken, bok choy, bean sprouts, black sesame, peanuts, fried garlic, soy sauce & sugar cane syrup.
6. Garnish & serve with spring onion, chili flakes and a wedge of lime.