On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - Making It Up Isn't Making Do
- 20:30 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - Leftovers
- 21:00 - Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers - What Grows Together
- Prep time:
- 10 min, plus 2-3 hours chilling
Donal Skehan's blueberry cheesecake brings together white chocolate, mascarpone and fresh berries on a buttery biscuit base
Method1. Put the biscuits in a resealable bag and bash with a rolling pin until you have fine crumbs.
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the biscuit crumbs and mix to combine. Tip the butter and biscuit mix into the base of a 20cm non-stick springform cake tin and press down with the back of a spoon. Cover and place in the fridge to chill while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
3. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl then set it over a small saucepan of barely simmering water, making sure the base of the bowl does not touch the water. Gently melt, stirring occasionally.
4. Beat the cream cheese, cream and mascarpone in a large bowl with a wooden spoon until well combined. Stir through the white chocolate and lastly fold in the blueberries. Spread the mixture evenly over the top of the biscuit base, then cover and place in the fridge to chill and set for at least 2-3 hours.
5. Remove the cheesecake from the tin and serve in generous slices.
Want more? Take a look at our best ever cheesecake recipes