Roast potatoes with garlic and onions
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The Roux Masterclass: Alain and Michel Roux Jr - Albert and Alain Roux
- 20:30 - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea - Rick Stein's Fruits of the Sea (1): Ep 7
- 21:00 - Choccywoccydoodah - Queen of Cakes
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Rowley Leigh has been enjoying this recipe ever since his mother discovered it after forgetting to put some baked potatoes in the oven and was forced to improvise.
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. Preheat the oven to 230°C / Gas Mark 8. Take a small, sharp knife and cut criss-cross slashes 1cm deep in the flesh of the potatoes without cutting the skin and put them cut-side up in a roasting tray.
2. Separate the cloves of garlic and scatter them around the potatoes. Pour the olive oil over the potatoes and place the tray in the preheated oven.
3. Take the roasting tray out of the oven after 10 minutes, add the onions and spread the rosemary in sprigs around them.
4. Baste all the ingredients with the oil and put back in the oven to cook for another 10 to 15 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and tender. Serve with roast meat.
Rowley Leigh's No Place Like Home: English Seasonal Cooking is available from Clearview books for £9.99.