Jumbo chicken sandwiches
By: From: Kitchen Showdown With Rosemary Shrager
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 1
- 20:30 - What to Eat Now: Summer - What To Eat Now: Summer, 5
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Family Favourites
- Prep time:
- 10 min
- Cook time:
- 50 min, plus 15 minutes resting
When feeding a crowd, Donal Skehan recommends roasting a whole, herb-infused chicken in advance
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Blitz together the olive oil, rosemary, thyme and garlic cloves using a pestle and mortar or a hand-held blender until you get a smooth paste.
3. Slather the chicken in the herby, green, garlic paste, season with a generous pinch of salt and black pepper and then roast in the oven for 45-50 minutes. When the chicken is cooked through, the juices will run clear when a skewer is inserted into the thickest part of the thigh.
4. Remove the chicken from the oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes, covered in foil, before serving. Remember to save any juices that run off to use for other things, such as gravy.