On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Paul Hollywood's Bread - Continental Breads
- 20:30 - Paul Hollywood's Bread - Sourdough
- 21:00 - Mary Berry at Home - Mary Berry At Home (1): Ep 3
- Prep time:
- 20 min
- Cook time:
- 50 min, plus 10 minutes cooling
If you’re bored of boiled spuds and sick of mash, why not try this sophisticated potato side from Donal Skehan?
Method1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Combine the milk, cream, nutmeg, thyme and garlic in a saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, season with salt and black pepper and set aside.
3. Layer the potatoes in ramekins or small serving dishes, pressing them down to make them snug and tight. Pour the milk and cream mixture over each dish.
4. Mix together the cheddar and parmesan cheese and sprinkle over the top, then place the ramekins on a baking tray.
5. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes until golden brown on top and tender on the inside.
6. Allow to stand for about 10 minutes before serving.