On TV Tomorrow
- 20:00 - Rachel Allen: All Things Sweet - Afternoon Tea
- 20:30 - Lorraine's Fast, Fresh & Easy Food - Simple Classics
- 21:00 - River Cottage - River Cottage: Winter's On The Way, 3
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Cocktail meatballs have a hint of Tabasco and make the perfect party food
Method1. For the meatballs: preheat the grill to high.
2. In a large bowl, combine the minced beef, onion, green pepper, breadcrumbs, egg and tabasco sauce. Mix thoroughly.
3. Form the mixture into bite-sized meatballs (each ball should be about 3cm in diameter).
4. Arrange the meatballs on a baking tray and place under the hot grill for 10-12 minutes. Turn occasionally, until browned all over.
5. For the sauce: melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and pepper and sauté until soft. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
6. Arrange the meatballs on a serving platter and cover with the sauce, then pass around and enjoy.
For the meatballs
- 450 g minced beef
- 1/2 large onion
- 1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- a dash of tabasco
For the sauce