By: From: Kitchen Hero
On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - Joy of Curry - Joy Of Curry (1): Ep 1
- 21:00 - The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best - Sunday Dinners
- 22:00 - Man v. Food: The Carnivore Chronicles - Meaty Milestone
- Prep time:
- 25 min
- Cook time:
- 25 min
Cocktail meatballs have a hint of Tabasco and make the perfect party food
For the meatballs
- 450 g minced beef
- 1/2 large onion
- 1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- a dash of tabasco
For the sauce
How does this work?Close
With just one click, all these ingredients will be put into a basket on mySupermarket.co.uk.
You can select the products you need, compare prices and choose the retailer you wish to buy them from. Or you can leave them in your basket and come back later to buy items from other recipes.
One thing is for sure though, you are guaranteed to find the best value.
Method1. For the meatballs: preheat the grill to high.
2. In a large bowl, combine the minced beef, onion, green pepper, breadcrumbs, egg and tabasco sauce. Mix thoroughly.
3. Form the mixture into bite-sized meatballs (each ball should be about 3cm in diameter).
4. Arrange the meatballs on a baking tray and place under the hot grill for 10-12 minutes. Turn occasionally, until browned all over.
5. For the sauce: melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and pepper and sauté until soft. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
6. Arrange the meatballs on a serving platter and cover with the sauce, then pass around and enjoy.