On TV Tonight
- 20:00 - The View from River Cottage - The View From River Cottage
- 20:30 - The View from River Cottage - The View From River Cottage
- 21:00 - River Cottage Road Trip - River Cottage Road Trip
- Prep time:
- 15 min
- Cook time:
- 10 min
Peter Kuruvita cooks freshly caught squid in a black and sour sauce that has plenty of bite
Method1. Cut the squid tubes into 1cm thick slices, then place in the cooking pot.
2. Add the tentacles, cleaned heads, goroka, all the spices and ½ teaspoon finely ground black pepper and combine well.
3. Add the onion, garlic, curry leaves, a good pinch of salt and the chilli. Stir in the coconut milk and cream, lime juice, bring up to the boil and then turn down the heat, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- 350 g squid, cleaned, heads and tentacles reserved
- 3 pieces goroka
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 sprig curry leaves, leaves picked
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 100 ml coconut cream
- 1/2 lime, juice only
Tips and suggestions
- You can use squid or cuttlefish for this recipe - but make sure you don't overcook it.